Sunday 12 January 2014

Sherri Lynn and improvisational duet quilts

On the 2nd January I blogged about Sherri Lynn's forth coming book on improvisational quilts and her request for quilters to test run her design frameworks, or 'scores' as she calls them, the basis from which the improvisation design should grow.

For those of you who are curious about the outcome of my application to take part, I am delighted to say I have now received my 'score' to try out. Understandably it has to be kept hush hush for the time being - Sherri doesn't want all her ideas all over the net before the book is published! All I will say is that I have 'score number 5', along with another 10 or so quilters. The idea is both that we test run the instructions, but also, the hopefully diverse results will demonstrate the improvisational nature of the project. One or two of the quilts will be chosen to be published in the book.

Obviously I can't show you anything now, but I will record my process and show it in the blog when the book comes out at the start of next year.

It is quite an exciting project to be involved in and I'm looking forward to it.

Thanks for dropping by

Hilary Florence

No comments:

Post a Comment