Tuesday 7 May 2013

printing paper and fabric with procion MX thickened dyes

My free motion quilting project is now sadly on hold while my broken arm mends, so I thought I would use the time to post another project  I did on printing paper and fabric with procion MX thickened dyes.

These two abstract designs are done using an old credit card to scrape thickened turquoise and lemon dyes onto paper. The darker lines are made by using a heavily loaded card that leaves thick streaks. On paper, leaving white areas added texture and lightness, but didn't look so good when I tried it on cloth.


This next one has no white left. I have also added scribbles using a needle-nosed bottle. The thickened dye needs to be quite a bit runnier for this.


1 comment:

  1. The last one is my favourite. Beautiful design and great colour combination.

    ReplyDelete